Cutting Hole (mm):
NeoDeck Lilac LED Decking Light Kit 40mm Description
Brought to you by Mirrorstone, our Lilac LED Decking Light Kit makes it easy to get started with LEDs anywhere on your property.
It includes everything you need in the box – a set of 10 lilac LED lights, an IP44 rated low voltage transformer, and all the necessary connection cables and connectors (that’s a 5m cable from your transformer to the first light, and 1.5m of cabling between each LED).
Please be aware that the supplied transformer is only designed to run the amount of lights included in the pack. You cannot add any more lights on, else this will overload the transformer.
The ease of setup is aided by the small cutting hole requirements – just 25mm – as the LEDs themselves are just 40mm in diameter.
What’s more, they’re cheap to run too, using just 3.5W per light. This means that will all of them on, the most it will use is just 35W – most incandescent bulbs alone will suck up more energy.
Take a look at the video below to learn more about the 40mm LED Decking Light Kits:
We’ve got a wider selection of high quality LED decking light kits available on our site if you’re looking for different sized lights or other colours.
The NeoDeck range of decking lights upgrades your outdoor experience. With a more vivid light than ever before, your coloured or white lights will brighten up your night. It’s the same low energy usage you’d expect, with brighter lights, and improved weather resistance. It’s a completely new decking adventure.
IP Rating Explained
Given that this decking light kit can be used indoors or outdoors, it needs to have protection against the elements. This is where IP protection comes in to play, though if you’re unfamiliar with them, they can be a bit confusing.
IP ratings are basically a measure of how well the product guards against foreign bodies and moisture.
There are 2 parts to the rating – the 2 separate digits that follow the letters IP.
The first digit tells you how well the product guards against foreign bodies, and the second digit does the same for water.
So in the case of our kit here, the low voltage transformer has IP44 protection. The first 4 means that it is protected against solid objects larger than 1mm, and the second 4 gives it protection from water splashes in any direction.
Let’s look at the lights themselves, they have IP65 protection. The higher numbers give it a greater level of cover. The 6 means it is completely dust tight, and the 5 gives it the ability to withstand low pressure jets of water from any direction.
In real world applications, this enables you to use both the transformer and lights outside, as both are adequately protected against even the heaviest rain.
Should You Switch To LEDs?
The obvious answer to that question is yes, of course you should.
Here are some of the reasons to replace your existing lights to LED.
LEDs are cheap to run. Not only will they last longer than both incandescent and fluorescent bulbs (20 times and 2 times longer respectively), but they will also cost you less on your electricity bills.
The reason why they have the lifespan and the low energy consumption is because of their energy efficiency.
Normally, incandescent bulbs lose up to 80% of their energy to heat. This leaves just 20% to actually provide light. You don’t need to be an expert to realise this isn’t all that efficient.
LEDs on the other hand only lose 10% of their energy to heat wastage. This leaves them with 90% to provide light, and means they will use considerably less power as a result, making them environmentally friendly.
The other result of this is that they have a much cooler operating temperature than halogen bulbs, which gives them their long lifespan as they suffer from less wear and tear from heat.
That’s not the only way they save you money though.
Returns And 12 Months Warranty
Sometimes you might change your mind about something you’ve bought. In other rare cases, there might be a problem with your order. In either case, you’re welcome to cancel your order within 14-days.
This LED decking light kit also comes with a 12 month manufacturer warranty.